Some benefits of phone coaching are:
1. Comfort...you get to stay at home and enjoy the comforts of home as you call in to talk with your relationship coach.
2. Privacy...the conversation seems more private because of the "distance" between you and the coach. In an office you are in close proximity and seemingly more vulnerable because of the face to face contact. Some people don't want to come to the office to avoid being seen by others. Staying at home removes this risk for more private individuals.
3. There are different calling options:
a) Calling on your phone to a conference line that is shared by you, your partner, and your coach. This allows you both to be in separate rooms which seems to facilitate more openness and honesty...the ability to speak the truth without looks or body language from your partner that can discourage or stifle the conversation.
b) Calling using a voice messaging program like FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts or Messenger with the capability of hearing and seeing each other.
4. Location...you can be just about anywhere and still keep your appointment! As long as there is phone reception or Wi-Fi, you are good to go.
5. Saves time and fuel expense.
6. You can have a really great relationship coach even if you don't live in the same town/state/country as her.
I was actually surprised how effective phone coaching was when I first tried it with a couple. They were surprised too! Try it...you may like it!
Call me today and let's explore this option together.
Sheila Schroeder, MA, BCC, RCS
Relationship Coaching Specialist